Welfare Notes - August 2014

August, 2014
Enrollment in Medical and Dental Plans for Active Participants

When you become eligible for benefits, you must enroll in a Plan to have medical and dental coverage. Please contact the SUP Welfare Plan if you need enrollment forms.

Be sure to complete the enrollment forms with the correct information and mail copies of marriage certificates to enroll a spouse and birth certificates for any dependent children you are enrolling.

Check the information you have indicated to make sure birth dates are correct and the names listed are the names you want to appear on the Plan records and any ID cards that are issued. Please call the SUP Welfare Plan if you have any questions about completing the enrollment forms.

Enrollments are often delayed because the form does not have a required signature. Also note you can enroll in only one medical and one dental plan. California residents have a choice of Kaiser or Health Net medical plans and Delta Care or Pacific Union Dental plans. Submitting enrollments for multiple plans will delay your enrollment in any plan until your choice is verified.

Inform us of Changes

Please inform the SUP Welfare of dependent changes including death and divorce. Also let us know if a dependent child has health Plan coverage through a new employer.

The new fiscal year begins August 1, 2014.

Reimbursement maximums will start fresh August 01, 2014 for the Pensioners Annual Allowance on services rendered August 01, 2014 and after. Treatment incurred prior to August still falls under the previous fiscal year maximum.