Welfare Notes - October 2009

October, 2009

Eligibility and Enrollment

Please be sure to check with the SUP Welfare Plan Office if you have any questions about your eligibility or enrollment in a Medical or Dental Plan. The plans available to you are dependent upon your residence. Be sure to take the time to enroll in a plan once you become eligible to give you the necessary options to deal with unexpected illnesses, injuries, or dental emergencies. Also keep us informed of address changes and dependent changes.

Chemical Dependency

Reminder: The SUP Welfare Plan has an EAP (Employee Assistance Program) that offers counseling and assistance. The plan is administered through Health Management Center. Their phone line is open 24 hours 7 days per week. Your call is completely confidential and your privacy is protected. HMC’s phone number is 1-888-215-8903.

The HMC Employee Assistance Program is a professional evaluation, counseling, and educational program. An EAP counselor will discuss the nature of the problem and outline a plan of action for consideration.
The SUP Welfare Plan also offers a program that will provide alcohol and drug abuse rehabilitation services for eligible members at a designated treatment center. Benefits are limited to one rehabilitation admission per active member not to exceed a period of 28 days of rehabilitation treatment during the member’s lifetime. Pre-authorization from the plan office is required.

The 28 day treatment is available through Duffy’s of Napa Valley. You can view the facility and treatment program on their website. Chemical Dependency Services are also available through your medical plans such as Kaiser, Health Net, and Group Health. Contact your plan for information on treatments available to you or covered dependents. .

Michelle Chang, Administrator  
Patty Martin  
Virginia Briggs, Claims   
Michael Jacyna, Eligibility