Keep Us Informed
Please be sure to keep the Plan office informed of changes:
- New Address
- Dependent Changes (marriage, divorce, or children to be added, death of any dependent)
- Pensioners’ Annual Allowance — The Pensioner’s Annual Allowance allows for reimbursement of covered expenses in the fiscal year that runs from August 1 through July 31, of the following year.
The monthly Medicare Part B Premium of $96.40 is reimbursed to Pensioners on the pension check. This amount times 12 months is then deducted from the Pensioners’ Annual Allowance. If the Part B Premium is also being reimbursed for a spouse that amount is also deducted from the allowance. These deductions are applied to the total allowance at the beginning of the fiscal year.
When the remaining balance in the Pensioners’ Allowance reaches $4,000.00 or less the following category maximums are applied to the bills submitted for reimbursement.
The maximums are:
- $500.00 for medical, dental, and vision co-payments (example $250.00 medical, $100.00 dental, & $150.00 vision would total the $500.00 maximum).
- $1,000.00 for prescription drugs
- $2,500.00 for premiums (examples Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Premium, supplemental plan premiums such as AARP or Kaiser supplemental plans.)